Happy New Year! 2014.
It’s that time again … time to put our New Year’s Resolutions into action. Last year at this time, the Journal of Clinical Psychology published a study on New Year’s Resolution Statistics. Of the top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for 2012, “Losing Weight” was number one and “Staying Fit and Healthy” was number five. Regarding success of our goals, 45% of Americans usually make resolutions, while only 8% of them are successful in achieving their goals. Of the types of resolutions, weight related goals ranked second at 38%.
Speaking of weight-related goals ... according to the CDC, more than one third of Americans are obese; childhood obesity is ever on the rise. Obesity is the leading cause of preventable death, and the medical cost for obesity is over $150 billion per year! It is no wonder why weight loss is a top New Year’s Resolution here in America!
ACHEIVING AND MAINTAINING HEALTH & WELLNESS
The reality of being overweight or obese robs us of our truer beauty, our time, our health, our loved ones, our money, our happiness and our security. This grim reality does not have to be your reality. If you have somehow become overweight, obese or unhealthy, YOU CAN reverse this and become the truer version of yourself! There is no quick fix or magic pill that will change your health. Only a total commitment to changing your lifestyle permanently will change the state of your body. Whether you are overweight, unhealthy or both, I want to challenge you to become part of this 13-week holistic approach to weight loss where you will burn fat and be lean … for life!
I had an opportunity two weeks ago to be trained in Utah for an In.Form health and weight loss program. It came at a great time in my practice, as more and more I see that 75% of what people experience in their physical, mental and emotional health comes from what they eat. It is becoming a challenge to help people change their lifestyles through personal consultations alone. While many people still don’t understand the basics of our toxic food industry, others have become self-educated but are very confused, while others who have substantial knowledge find it challenging to change their lifestyles. This program is not just for people struggling with their weight and lack of helpful information, but also for those who would like to be healthier and more informed. The more we understand about health and our bodies, the greater our chances are of achieving and MORE importantly, MAINTAINING, the health and wellness we seek.
WHAT IS IN.FORM?
In.Form is a 13-week holistic health and weight loss program designed to utilize nutrition, supplements, exercise, education, social support and individualized coaching to bring information, inspiration, hope and practical tools to your front door. We will not be counting calories or points, but rather focusing on a truly healthy lifestyle. We will lead you to the fountain of health … it is up to you to drink the water. This journey will be A LOT of fun and we’ll build great memories in the process!
WEEKLY CHECK-IN AND SOCIALIZING (first ½ hour)
• Assess initial state of your body and effectiveness of the program
• Weight, Body Fat %, Body Water %, Muscle Mass, Daily Caloric Intake, Metabolic Age, Bone Mass, Viseral fat and six body measurements
• Try two new shakes recipes/week
WEEKLY CLASS (1 hr.)
• Education on our essential food plan, knowing our bodies, our food industry, shopping, eating out, supplements, recipes, toxicity, detoxification, our personal sources of influence, how to be in control of those influences, food journaling, adjusting your plan and goals by evaluating your body measurements and journal, reading labels, snaking, sugar, processed foods, caffeine, our body’s many cries for water, healthy sources of protein, fat, carbohydrates and fiber, assistance with emotional releases or overcoming mental and emotional obstacles, juicing, blending, sleep, stress, metabolic rate, helping your children and your spouse … and more.
• Weekly Door Prizes
• Weekly Awards (individual and group)
• Monthly Health Assessment Questionnaire
• Individualized health coaching
OTHER BENEFITS YOU’LL RECEIVE
• Resource Guide and Participant Manual
• Free bag of vegan protein powder
• Protein Shaker
• Before and after pictures (if desired)
• Discounts on other services at Nature’s Remedy
WHEN WILL THE NEXT In.Form PROGRAM START AND HOW MUCH IS IT?
• Class 1: Monday, Jan. 13 from 6:30-7:45pm
• Class 2: Friday, Jan. 17 from 7:30-8:45pm
• Both classes will continue for 13 weeks straight with the 13th week being a CELEBRATION!
• Cost for the 13-week In.form program is $295 per person (that’s about $98/month or $24/week!) Call Nature’s Remedy at 716-699-4372 for more information or to sign up!
All the great books and documentaries out there right now have basic common objectives to health - cut out all processed foods and sugar, drink more water, eat clean fruits, vegetables and animal proteins (or, for some, no animal proteins at all), decrease or eliminate caffeine and become educated about your body and our food industry. NOT one book out there is promoting processed foods, refined carbohydrates, genetically modified foods, sugar, sodas, alcohol, cigarettes, herbicides, pesticides, antibiotics, growth hormones, cruel animal manufacturing and no water intake. Yet our marketing and advertising industries promote them. Our culture is obsessed and addicted to them. And, knowingly or unknowingly, we fall into their spell. Let’s break the chains that are binding our success to healing and optimal health. Please join me and the entire crew at Nature’s Remedy as we take this journey together.