“A popular account of Saint Valentine of Rome states that he was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry. According to legend, during his imprisonment, he healed the daughter of his jailer, Asterius. An embellishment to this story states that before his execution he wrote her a letter signed, "Your Valentine" as a farewell.
In 18th century England, it evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). In Europe, Saint Valentine's Keys are given to lovers "as a romantic symbol and an invitation to unlock the giver’s heart". –Wikipedia
Essential Oils: Valentine's Day "KEYS" to Unlock the Heart
Essential Oils are aromatic extracts from various parts of many different plants. These concentrated compounds are easily and highly penetrable through the olfactory nerve, the lungs, the skin and the digestive tract. Through these routes of entrance they absorb into the bloodstream for rapid movement and use anywhere in the body - mentally, emotionally and physically. Recorded use for essential oils and aromatherapy date back 6,000 years! It is amazing to watch how their comeback is helping so many people all over the world. Here is a step-by-step guide for using Authentic Essential Oils as Valentine’s Day “Keys” to Unlock Your Heart … and the hearts of your loved ones!
Valentine’s Day Love Potion Roll-On: Clove + Bergamot + Lavender with Carrier Oil. Clove essential oil imparts a sense of warmth and cheerfulness and restores your sense of optimism and enjoyment of life. Bergamot is cooling and refreshing for the critical and exacting person who begins to suffer from digestive and skin problems, and whose nerves have become edgy and raw. Lavender is calming and helps you to accept your sensitivity and ability to express yourself.
Online Essential Oil Personality Quizzes: Go to naturessunshine.com (no need to sign in), Members, Education and Quizzes. There are two quizzes here: “Which Essential Oil Are You?” and “Finding Your Essential Blend”. I took these two quizzes myself! I am Pink Grapefruit. This is one of my very favorite oils! I use it every day as a “perfume”. And, the best Essential Blend for me is the Inspire Uplifting Blend. I love this blend too! Citrus with Spicy Undertones. I just added it to my diffuser as I write this!
Essential Oil ASSESSMENTS at Nature’s Remedy: Come visit us at Nature’s Remedy in Ellicottville for a 20-minute essential oils assessment in order to understand which oils would be best for your daily use. This assessment is $15 and can be done with any of our employees in the store and may be followed up with a 60-minute aromatherapy consultation.
What does this assessment entail?
1) Our 5-minute Biofeedback Scan utilizes a computerized program to assess general imbalances within the body at the time of the scan. Then it suggests which essential oils can be used to heal the body and bring it back into balance. For example, I did a BioScan on myself and 25 out of 76 biomarkers were out of balance. The suggested oils for this imbalance were Bergamot, Eucalyptus and Cinnamon. A second scan will suggest other foods and nutrients (vitamins, minerals, super foods, amino acids and herbs) that can be added to the essential oils to maximize healing and health.
2) Inhalation Test - Single oils. We have 38 Essential Oils here at Nature’s Remedy. 28 Single oils are divided into six scent families: citrus, herbal, floral, spice, wood and cool. 10 oils are Blends. We have testers of all the oils available to smell. The 28 Single oils are inhaled and your favorite oils are set aside. Each of these oils are inhaled again until you discover your top 3-4 favorite oils. Your body will like and crave these particular oils because these are the oils that will tune or balance you internally.
3) Every essential oil has a Therapeutic Profile and a Psychological Profile. We have you read about your top 3-4 oils in order to understand why and how these oils will help you when used on a daily basis. Everyone loves the psychological profiles! For example, Pink Grapefruit is great for people who are self-conscious and unhappy about their appearances. Using this oil can help to improve your sense of self-worth and help you to become more empowered and positive about yourself and what you can do! Frankincense is great for those who live in the fast lane and get overwhelmed by responsibilities. It will help to reprioritize your life and concentrate on the areas that will bring about greater satisfaction and happiness.
4) Inhalation Test-Blends. We then have you inhale the 10 wonderful Blends. Usually 1-2 of these Blends will stand out to you. My favorite Blends are Inspire and Core. They can be used on the skin, inhaled, in diffusers, in homemade body products and with natural cleaning products. Inspire includes Pink Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Spearmint, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Bergamot, Ginger, and Vanilla for a mood elevator and energy promoter. Core includes Atlas Cedar, Spruce, Ho Leaf, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, and Chamomile to promote a calm, restorative and balancing connection within yourself and nature.
5) Finally, since you are in the store, we have added in our BioTracker scan. This scale measures weight, body fat %, body water %, muscle mass, metabolic age, bone mass and visceral fat. What is YOUR Metabolic Age?
AROMATHERAPY AT NATURE'S REMEDY
Our Essential Oils by Nature’s Sunshine are 100% pure, organic or wild crafted. These authentic oils, from a company of great integrity, provide you with highly effective results. You can purchase any of these 38 oils from the store or our website, offering you anywhere from a 15%-33% discount. Begin your essential oils journey with an authentic oils kit + a FREE diffuser!
We have many essential oils products - homemade and local. Our own Homemade Products include bath salt scrubs, bath bombs, A Detox Power Bath, spritzers and roll-on personalized scents.
Make-and-Take Products: Make your own homemade essential oils products here at our store! Scrubs, rubs, roll-ons, spritzers and more! Our oils can also be purchased by drops.
60-minute Aromatherapy Consultations are now available with our aromatherapist-in-training, Christine Bacon and myself. This hour includes the Essential Oil assessments (see above), a personalized questionnaire and intake, three in-house Essential Oil applications and an individualized Essential Oil treatment plan. This is a great way to understand how to use essential oils as perfumes/colognes, in your body products, to replace chemical cleaning and laundry products, as air fresheners and much more! ($45/consultation)
Experience Authentic Touch with CranioSacral Therapy. Authentic Touch is a gentle essential oil application to the neck and spine using 7 different essential oils followed by the light touch of craniosacral therapy, providing you with a deep internal relaxation and healing. Hand and Foot Reflexology is also available to replace the CranioSacral Therapy. ($95/session)